Tuesday, July 19, 2011
About an hour or so after starting, I had the entire system finished and dripping away, just before the temperature hit the 100F degree mark and I started dripping away alongside it. The starter kit was quite sufficient to create the system for this small bed and yes, I planned for expansion to the new roses once they are planted. In fact, the 50 foot main tubing in this kit was enough to start a system in another bed, but I ran out of drip heads before I could finish that one. The bricks in the picture above are temporary until I can purchase stakes to hold the curves in place. I think I'll be smart and not bury the thing under mulch until the new roses come in and are planted. And, since I know that you are wondering, No, I did not run drip irrigation to the 'Matrona' sedums in the bed. I know that they'll do fine on their own without the extra watering and I am, after all, the DripMaster.