Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Red, White, and Blue all over

On this Fourth of July, in the year of Our Lord 2023, ProfessorRoush is going to let the pictures (mostly) speak  for themselves.   I went out to take just one photo of each color, hoping that I'd have anything blue blooming at all, and I was yet overwhelmed by the abundance of red, white, and blue in a garden now brimming over with oranges and yellows from the daylilies.  Okay, I cheated a little on the blue since most of the species that are currently blooming with blue flowers are native plants; all weeds in my garden.   My apologies to my British readers for the insufferable reminder of the loss of your colonies.  Warning,  picture heavy!  

First the Red:

Pelargonium potted in front of the house
'Spiderman' Daylily


Hybrid Rugosa 'Linda Campbell'

Canadian Rose 'Hope for Humanity'


Then the White:

Phlox 'David'

Shasta Daisy 'Alaska'
The impossibly delicate Argemone polyanthemos,
 or Prickly Poppy

Rose 'Marie Bugnet', not at her best


Hibiscus syriacus 'Notwooodtwo' 

Hydranga paniculata


And last, but not least, the Blue:

Clematis 'Romona'
Salvia azurea; Blue Sage
Nothing is bluer!


Hisbiscus syriacus 'Blue Bird'




My nemesis; Commelina communis



Not bad, eh?   Not bad at all for a garden that currently is dominated  by daylilies and looks like this everywhere:




  HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog. I like to meet friends via my blog, so I try to respond if you comment from a valid email address rather than the anonymous noresponse@blogger.com. And thanks again for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...