Saturday, June 25, 2022

2022 EMG Manhattan Garden Tour

Today, June 25, 2022, was the Extension Master Gardener tour in Manhattan.  Yours' truly, as usual, was the unofficial photographer for the group, so I spent the morning taking 814 photos in 4 hours, and 720+ turned out to be pretty useable.  I'm pretty proud of the fact that despite the heavy daylily bloom today (and at least one of the 7 gardens on tour claimed to have 800 cultivars), I only took around a dozen closeups of daylilies.  Of the other photos, I've selected my favorite dozen for you to view, my selection based on what I viewed as the most "artistic" photos. Without further ado, enjoy.   Click on the photos if you want to see them full size.


The light this morning was fantastic.






I thought this was the best daylily picture that I took.  It's not the prettiest or most unusual, but I liked the way the leaf draped across the blossom.








One of the gardeners is doing a great job recreating a prairie meadow planting.






At the same garden as the prairie above, lived this good girl.





Sometimes, a little woodland serenity goes a long way in a garden photo.






I don't know who Rex and Bogie were, but this homeowner loved them very much.




I'm calling this one "Stairway to Heaven".   That blue Kansas sky just kills me.









Oh, the colors here are just fabulous!









Had a serendipitous moment with this butterfly.






Again, Color!








Is it an entrance or an exit?   Only the homeowner knows!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Maybe next year I can venture east and see this tour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest in my blog. I like to meet friends via my blog, so I try to respond if you comment from a valid email address rather than the anonymous noresponse@blogger.com. And thanks again for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...